GRAMMAR BASICS WORKSHOP (ONLINE ONLY). Please CLICK HERE to access our online training portal.
About our online course:
This interactive 5-hour self-paced online course features a series of lectures interspersed with engaging activities. The course covers the key components of grammatical subject knowledge that are required for the Australian Curriculum English. The course is designed for primary and secondary teachers who are not confident in their knowledge of grammar or those wanting to revise. The course has been tailored to help you understand English grammar as documented in the Australian Curriculum: English under Sentences and Clause-level grammar and Word-level grammar.
GRAMMAR FOR CLASSROOM TEACHERS
About this face-to-face course:
This 5-hour course covers the key components of grammatical subject knowledge that are required for the Australian Curriculum English. It covers the fundamentals of Sentence and Word-level grammar as well as a range of classroom activities.
Please email email@example.com or register below.
7 May 2021
Canberra Technology Park, Watson.
Learning outcomes of the 5-hour workshop (online and F2F):
- Teachers will be introduced to the metalanguage of word and sentence level grammar.
- Teachers will be able identify the different parts of speech or word classes.
- Teachers will be able to distinguish phrases, clauses, and sentences (simple, compound and complex).
- Teachers will learn about grammatical function – subject, object, adverbial etc.
- Teachers will apply this knowledge to different texts, and will not only recognize errors, but develop understanding of the reasons for errors.
About the Facilitator
The facilitator of the online and F2F course, Margaret McBride, has over 30 years English language teaching experience and has worked as a University lecturer/tutor in teacher education for post-graduate and master’s degree students.
Teachers are welcome to email Margaret anytime with their grammar questions.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for fun facts (‘grammar grabs’), or check them out on Youtube!